Members who attended our group entitled “Harm Reduction” were asked to set two personal goals after rating what behaviors they would like to change. The first goal was directly related to their substance use. The second goal was related to wellness. Listen to the group members discuss their values, goals and their process of working toward them. Additionally, they were posed several questions that are designed to clarify what is most important to them, and assist in formulating goals.
Have you set action goals toward recovery? Have you been successful in attaining your goals?
The following questions are designed to clarify your goals:
- What are 5 things you value the most in life, that you would sacrifice for?
- What would you do if you won one million dollars, tax free?
- What would you do and how would you spend your time if you knew that you had only six months to live?
- What have you always wanted to do but were afraid to attempt?
- In looking back over all the things you’ve done in your life, what type of activities gives you your greatest feeling of importance?
- Imagine that you received one magic wish. What one great thing would you dare to dream if you knew it could not fail?
The Beginner’s Guide to Goal Setting, Michael Hyatt, http://michaelhyatt.com/goal-setting.html