No one ever sets out to be dependent on a substance. Many people use recreational drugs and never experience addiction. But some do. How did it happen?
1. Actions: Briefly describe your addiction. Which drugs? Progression of dependence?
2. Intents: What did you intend to happen?
3. Beliefs: What beliefs did you have to make it OK to abuse substances?
4. Feelings: What feelings were you having?
5. Minimization and denial: In what ways did you minimize or deny your problem?
6. Effects: What was the impact of your drug use – On you? On others?
7. How did your environment contribute to this situation?
8. What could you have done differently?