Many people have difficulty asking for help. Especially when it pertains to an embarrassing or shameful situation. People who realize they need help for an addiction can be reluctant to reach out. Listen in to hear our opiate support group talk about their experiences of asking for help.
Is it easy for you to ask for help? If not, which of the following ways would make it easier? What are the pros and cons of each?
1. Write your request in a letter or email
2. Talk to someone you trust
3. Discuss your struggle with a stranger
4. Reach out to a medical professional
5. Search for online resources
6. Seek out someone who has been in your position
7. Call a helpline
Beth Leipholtz, 7 Ways to Ask for Help When You're Struggling with Addiction, https://www.thefix.com/7-ways-ask-help-when-you-re-struggling-addiction